Florence Nightingale Awards(2022 and 2023):
The President of India conferred the Florence Nightingale Awards on 30 nurses and auxiliary midwives.
- Florence Nightingale Awards are named as a tribute to Florence Nightingale.
- Florence Nightingale was an English social reformer, statistician and the founder of modern nursing.
- She came to prominence while serving as a manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War.
- She organized to care for wounded soldiers at Constantinople.
- It is the highest national distinction a nurse can achieve for selfless devotion and exceptional professionalism.
- Ministry: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Objective: It was instituted as a mark of recognition for the meritorious services rendered by the nurses and nursing professionals to society.
- The award consists of a Cash Award of 50000/-, a certificate and a medal.
- The award is given to outstanding Nursing personnel employed in Central, State/UTs, Private, Missionary and Voluntary Organizations.