Global Survey On Digital And Sustainable Trade Facilitation:
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia Paciﬁc (UNESCAP) released Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation.
- It is conducted every two years by UNESCAP.
- The 2023 survey covered more than 140 economies and evaluated 60 trade facilitation measures
- It has recognized India’s exceptional progress across various sub indicators, with the country achieving a perfect score of 100% in four key areas: Transparency, Formalities, Institutional Arrangement and Cooperation, and Paperless Trade.
- India has witnessed a substantial improvement in the score for “Women in Trade Facilitation” component from 66.7% in 2021 to 77.8% in 2023.
- India is now the best performing country amongst all the countries of South Asia region.
- The overall score of India has been greater than many developed countries including Canada, France, UK, Germany etc.
- It is the most inclusive intergovernmental platform in the Asia-Pacific region which was established in 1947.
- Member countries: It consists of 53 members and 9 associate members.
- India is also a member of this organization.
- Headquarters:Bangkok, Thailand
- It works to overcome some of the region’s greatest challenges by providing results-oriented projects, technical assistance, and capacity building to member States