GSAT-24 : Communication Satellite
Direct-to-home (DTH) company Tata Play is set to expand its bandwidth capacity by 50% by adding 24 new Ku-band transponders on the communication satellite GSAT-24.
- GSAT-24 was built by ISRO for NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) which was successfully placed into geostationary orbit by the Ariane 5 rocket.
- It is a 24-Ku band communication satellite weighing 4,180 kg with pan-India coverage for meeting DTH application needs.
- It was the first demand driven communication satellite mission undertaken by NSIL post space sector reforms.
- It is configured on ISRO’s proven I-3k Bus with a mission life of 15 years.
NewSpace India Limited:
- NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) NewSpace India Limited headquartered in Bengaluru is a Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE).
- It is a commercial arm under Department of Space (DoS), Government of India.
- It was incorporated in March 2019 and was set up to take high technology space-related activities in India.