India Internet Governance Forum (IIGF) -2021:
Anil Kumar Jain, the CEO, National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI), Ministry of Electronics & IT and the Chairman of Coordination Committee, India Internet Governance Forum 2021 (IGF), announced the launch of India Internet Governance Forum (IIGF) -2021.
- The Forum will act as the platform for various stakeholders to discuss public policy issues related to the Internet
- IIGF- 2021 will be planned for three days, starting from 20th October, 2021. The theme of this year’s meeting is Inclusive Internet for Digital India.
- With this announcement, the Indian chapter of the United Nations based forum namely Internet Governance Forum has begun.
- It’s an Internet Governance policy discussion platform to bring representatives together from various groups, considering all at par to discuss public policy issues related to the Internet.
- Multi Stakeholder concept
- This mode of engagement is referred to as the multi-stakeholder model of Internet Governance, which has been the key feature for the Internet’s success.
- Multi Stakeholder concept is well adopted by IGF (Internet Governance Forum) under United Nations and by Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).