India Smart Cities Award Contest, 2022:
Indore has been named the best Smart City and Madhya Pradesh as the top State for their outstanding performance in the Smart Cities Mission.
- The second and third positions among cities were secured by Surat and Agra, while Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh were ranked second, third, and fourth respectively in the State category of the India Smart Cities Award Contest (ISAC) 2022.
- Chandigarh won the award for the best Union Territory. The awards, are organized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under the Smart Cities Mission.
- The awards celebrate cities, projects, and ideas that promote sustainable development in the 100 smart cities, aiming to create inclusive, safe, healthy, and collaborative urban spaces.
- The selection process involved two stages: a qualifying assessment and a proposal submission, with a total of 845 nominations from 80 smart cities leading to 66 winners in various categories.
- The Smart Cities Mission, initiated in 2015, seeks to enhance citizens’ quality of life by implementing smart solutions across sectors like infrastructure, environment, and governance.