Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP):
The Union Minister of Health, Harsh Vardhan launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP).
- The Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) is the next generation highly refined version of the presently used Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP).
- According to the minister, India is the first country in the world to adopt such an advanced disease surveillance system.
- The new version of IHIP will house the data entry and management for India’s disease surveillance program.
- In addition to tracking 33 diseases now as compared to the earlier 18 diseases, it shall ensure near-real-time data in digital mode, having done away with the paper mode of working.
- Terming this as the world’s biggest online disease surveillance platform, he stated that it is in sync with the National Digital Health Mission.