MV Ganga Vilas : World’s Longest River Cruise
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways stated that the Prime Minister of India will flag off the world’s longest river cruise ‘MV Ganga Vilas’ from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh on the 13th of January 2023.
- The luxury cruise will cover a distance of more than 3,200 kilometres across 27 river systems in five States in India and Bangladesh.
- The 51 days cruise is planned with visits to 50 tourist spots including World Heritage Sights, National Parks, river Ghats, and major cities like Patna in Bihar, Sahibganj in Jharkhand, Kolkata in West Bengal, Dhaka in Bangladesh and Guwahati in Assam.
- The MV Ganga Vilas vessel is 62 meters in length and 12 meters in width.
- It has three decks, and 18 suites on board with a capacity of 36 tourists, with all the amenities to provide a memorable and luxurious experience for the tourists.
- The ship follows sustainable principles at its core as it is equipped with pollution-free mechanisms and noise control technologies.