Parshuram Kund Festival:
The Arunachal Pradesh government informed that Parshuram Kund Festival (PKF), is to be celebrated from 12 to 16 January 2023.
- Parshuram Kund Festival is a Hindu pilgrimage site situated on the Brahmaputra plateau in the lower reaches of the Lohit River and 21 km north of Tezu in the Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh, India.
- Devotees and sadhus take a holy dip in its water each year on the occasion of Makar Sankranti, in January.
- It is also known as the Kumbh of the Northeast.
- It is dedicated to a mythological figure sage Parshuram.
- This popular festival attracts pilgrims from Nepal, from across India, and from nearby states of Manipur and Assam.
- The project “Development of Parasuram Kund is sanctioned under the Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD) Scheme of the Ministry of Tourism.