Nari Shakti Puraskar-2020:
The Ministry of Women and Child Development has recently extended the last date for submission of nomination for Nari Shakti Puraskar-2020. The last date has been extended till February 6, 2021
- Nari Shakti Puraskar is conferred every year on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The award is conferred by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- It is conferred for recognizing the exceptional work done by individuals in the area of empowering women.
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar is awarded to individuals or groups or NGOs or institutions.
- The award encourages the women to participate in decision making roles, skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors among the women.
- It also facilitates the basic amenities for rural women and promotes women in non-traditional sectors such as science and technology, sports, culture, art, and other significant work towards safety & security, education, life skills, health & wellness, respect & dignity of women.
- The award comprises a citation and a cash reward of Rs. 2 Lakh.
- As per the Guidelines of ministry, any individual of at least 25 years of age and institutions that have worked in the relevant field for at least 5 years are eligible to apply.