A team of researchers led by David Baker, who is the professor of biochemistry and director of the Institute for Protein Design at UW Medicine, have created a new protein-based biosensor that will detect the Coronavirus.
- The protein-based biosensors will detect the proteins that make up the pandemic coronavirus.
- It would also help in detecting the antibodies against it.
- The biosensor will glow when mixed with components of the virus or specific COVID-19
- Thus, it will enable faster and more widespread testing.
- These protein-based biosensors will recognize the specific molecules on the surface of the virus.
- The protein will bind to them and then emit the light through a biochemical reaction.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking