National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee.:
Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister inaugurated the office of National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee.
- The National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee would act as a project monitoring unit for the implementation of
- PM-Kisan Yojana,
- Kisan Maandhan Yojana,
- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund and
- other schemes of the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- The Central Government has implemented the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) scheme to make farmers self-reliant and to provide direct income support for agricultural expenditure.
- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 1.37 lakh crore has been transferred to the accounts of more than 11 crore farmer families so far.