National Intellectual Property Awards 2020:
Minister of Commerce and Industry conferred the National Intellectual Property Awards 2020 to the winners at an event.
- Addressing the event , Shri Goyal said the key achievements of his Ministry includes
- Granting of 28,391 patents in 2020-21 as compared to 4,227 grants during 2013-14 (572% growth.
- Reduction in Time of patent examination from 72 months in Dec 2016 to 12-24 months in Dec 2020
- 2 lakh trademark registrations in 4 years (2016-2020) in comparison to 11 lakh during 75 years (1940-2015).
- India’s ranking improved in Global Innovation Index to 48th in 2020, (+33 ranks from 81st in 2015-16).