National Mission On Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems:
The Ministry of Science and Technology has organised a workshop to discuss joint research projects under NM-ICPS (National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems).
- A total of 35 joint projects have been identified which will be implemented by TIHs (Technology Innovation Hubs) and research institutions from the USA.
- This endeavour will help achieve collaborative research and development between the two countries in the area of CPS (Cyber-Physical Systems).
- It was launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Science and Technology with an outlay of Rs. 3,660.00 crore for a period of five years to encourage innovation in new age technologies.
- It covers the entire India which includes Central Ministries, State Governments, Industry and Academia.
- The NM-ICPS is a comprehensive Mission which would address technology development, application development, human resource development & skill enhancement, entrepreneurship and start-up development in Cyber Physical System (CPS) and associated technologies.
- The Mission aims at the establishment of 15 Technology Innovation Hubs (TIH), six Application Innovation Hubs (AIH) and four Technology Translation Research Parks (TTRP).
- These Hubs & TTRPs will connect to Academics, Industry, Central Ministries and State Government in developing solutions at reputed academic, R&D and other organizations across the country in a hub and spoke model.
- The Hubs & TTRPs have four focused areas along which the Mission implementation would proceed, namely:
- Technology Development,
- HRD & Skill Development,
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Start-ups Ecosystem Development, and
- International Collaborations.