A contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Malaysia to participate in a bilateral exercise named ‘Udarashakti’.
- While Harimau Shakti is Joint military exercises which are held annually between the two countries.
- The Indian Air Force is participating in the air exercise with Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft while Malaysian Air Force will be flying Su 30 MKM aircraft.
- The four days of exercise will witness the conduct of various aerial combat drills between the two Air Forces
- The first bilateral Air Force exercise that staged frontline Sukhoi-30 combat aircraft was conducted in 2018.
- From 2008 to 2010, the Indian Air Force Training Team was deployed in Malaysia to give training to Malaysian pilots on the SU-30SKM aircraft.