National Teachers Award 2023:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with the winners of the National Teachers Award 2023.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with the winners at his official residence in New Delhi on the eve of Teachers’ Day.
- Seventy-five award winners participated in the interaction.
- The Prime Minister appreciated the efforts of teachers in nurturing the young minds of the country.
National Teachers Award 2023:-
- Objective is to recognize the distinctive contributions of some of the finest faculty members in the country and honor them.
- The Award seeks to recognize and honour the unique and path-breaking achievements of faculty members in teaching, research, institutional service, community outreach, and novelty of work in the field of higher education.
- The ceremony is held on 5th September every year.
- The award is open to all the faculty members of colleges/universities/higher educational institutions in India, satisfying the following conditions:-
- Should be a regular faculty member.
- Should have at least five years of full-time teaching experience at the Undergraduate and/or Post-graduate level.
- Should not be above 55 years of age as of the last date of receiving application for the awards.