National Technology Awards 2020:
A total of 12 companies have been selected for the National Technology Awards 2020 for the successful commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies.
- The awards are conferred by the Technology Development Board (TDB).
- Every year TDB seeks applications for prestigious National awards for commercialization of technologies under three categories – Indigenous technologies, MSME, and Startups.
Category 1: National Award For Successful Commercialization of Indigenous Technology:
- This award is given to an industrial concern that has successfully developed & commercialized indigenous technology.
- In case, the technology developer/provider and the company commercializing the technology are two different organizations, each is eligible for an award of Rs. 25 Lakh and a trophy.
Category 2: National Award For MSMEs:
- The award of Rs. 15 lakhs each in this category is given to selected MSMEs that have successfully commercialized the product based on indigenous technology.
Category 3: National Award For Technology Start-ups:
- This award is given to a technology start-up for promising new technology with potential for commercialization.
- The award in addition to the trophy includes a cash award of Rs. 15 Lakh.
- These awards conferred to various industries provide a platform of recognition to Indian industries and their technology provider, who have worked as a team, to bring innovation to the market and contributed to the vision of “Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking