National Technology Awards 2020:
A total of 12 companies have been selected for the National Technology Awards 2020 for the successful commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies.
- The awards are conferred by the Technology Development Board (TDB).
- Every year TDB seeks applications for prestigious National awards for commercialization of technologies under three categories – Indigenous technologies, MSME, and Startups.
Category 1: National Award For Successful Commercialization of Indigenous Technology:
- This award is given to an industrial concern that has successfully developed & commercialized indigenous technology.
- In case, the technology developer/provider and the company commercializing the technology are two different organizations, each is eligible for an award of Rs. 25 Lakh and a trophy.
Category 2: National Award For MSMEs:
- The award of Rs. 15 lakhs each in this category is given to selected MSMEs that have successfully commercialized the product based on indigenous technology.
Category 3: National Award For Technology Start-ups:
- This award is given to a technology start-up for promising new technology with potential for commercialization.
- The award in addition to the trophy includes a cash award of Rs. 15 Lakh.
- These awards conferred to various industries provide a platform of recognition to Indian industries and their technology provider, who have worked as a team, to bring innovation to the market and contributed to the vision of “Atmanirbhar Bharat”.