Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana:
The Prime Minister recently distributed the 15th installment of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana, totalling over Rs 18,000 crore and benefiting more than 80 million farmers.
- PM-KISAN is a Central-Sector scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
- The scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income.\
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- Under the scheme, income support of 6,000/- per year in three equal installments will be provided to all land-holding farmer families.\
- The definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife, and minor children.
- The State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families that are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.