Zorawar Light Tank : Ready For Trials
India’s indigenously designed and developed light tank, tentatively named Zorawar, is likely to be ready for trials soon.
- Zorawar Light Tank is an indigenously designed and developed Light Tank.
- It was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in collaboration with Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- It is designed to operate in varying terrains, from high-altitude areas and marginal terrains to island territories.
- It will be highly transportable for rapid deployment to meet any operational situation.
- It will be equipped with all the modern technologies, such as artificial intelligence, drone integration, a high degree of situational awareness, and amphibious operation capability.
- It will weigh less than 25 tonnes with a high power-to-weight ratio as well as superior firepower and protection.
- Zorawar was a military general, Zorawar Singh Kahluria, and had served under Jammu’s Raja Gulab Singh in the 19th Century.