Sagar Samriddhi : Online Dredging Monitoring System
The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways recently launched an online dredging monitoring system called “Sagar Samriddhi”.Dredging is the removal of sediments and debris from the bottom of lakes, rivers, harbours, and other water bodies.
- Sagar Samriddhi is an online dredging monitoring system.
- The new system aims to tighten the monitoring regime for dredging contracts and also focus on monetising dredged material.
- It is part of the government’s efforts to expedite the ‘Waste to Wealth’ initiative.
- This system has been developed by National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts (NTCPWC) the technological arm of MoPSW.
- The new technology brings marked improvement against the old system of the Draft and Loading Monitor (DLM) system.
- All future monitoring at the major ports in the country will be done through the Sagar Samriddhi monitoring system, which will help in project implementation and cut costs.
- The system will aid in daily and monthly progress visualisation, monitor dredger performance and downtime monitoring, and keep track of location data.