Sakurajima Volcano Japan:
The Sakurajima Volcano erupted on Japan’s major western island of Kyushu.
- In 2021, the Fukutoku-Okanoba Submarine Volcano exploded in the Pacific Ocean, off Japan.
- Sakurajima is one of Japan’s most active volcanoes and eruptions of varying levels take place on a regular basis.
- It is an active stratovolcano.
- The largest historical eruptions of Sakurajima took place during 1471-76 and in 1914.
- Its eruption has been recorded since the 8th Century.
- Due to its frequent deposition of ash on Kagoshima, and due to its explosive potential, it is considered as one of the very dangerous volcanoes.