Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen Phase-II:
Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) [SBM (G)] Phase-II is making steady progress amidst Covid-19 with 1249 villages declared ODF(Open Defecation Free) Plus.
- SBM (G) Phase-II was approved in February 2020 by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- ODF Plus entails that ODF behaviors are sustained, and every village has access to solid and liquid waste management.
About SBM(G) Phase-II:
- It emphasizes the sustainability of achievements under phase I and provides adequate facilities for Solid/Liquid & plastic Waste Management (SLWM) in rural India.
- Implementation: SBM (G) Phase-II will be implemented from 2020-21 to 2024-25 in a mission mode with a total outlay of Rs. 1,40,881 crores.
- Funding Pattern and Norms: The fund sharing pattern between centers and States will be 90:10 for the North-Eastern States and the Himalayan States and UT of J&K; 60:40 for other States; and 100% for other Union Territories.
- Funding Norms for SLWM have been rationalized and changed to a per capita basis in place of the number of households.
- The SLWM component of ODF Plus will be monitored on the basis of output-outcome indicators for 4 key areas:
- Plastic waste management,
- Biodegradable solid waste management (including animal waste management),
- Greywater (Household Wastewater) management
- Fecal sludge management.