Taranga Hill-Ambaji- Abu Road New Rail Line:
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the construction of Taranga Hill-Ambaji- Abu Road new rail line.
Key Highlights of this Project:
- The total length of the new rail line will be 116.65 kms.
- The project will be completed by 2026-27, it will generate direct employment during construction for about 40 lakh man days.
- The route will go via Rajasthan’s Sirohi district, as well as Gujarat’s Banaskantha and Mahesana districts.
- It would enhance connectivity and improve mobility leading to overall socio-economic development of the region.
- As it connects the important pilgrimage sites and hence, it will facilitate easy travel to millions of devotees.
- It would also facilitate faster movement of agricultural and local goods, further enhance connectivity between Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- It would provide alternative route for existing Ahmedabad-Abu Road railway line.