UNESCO’s King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize : Central Institute Of Educational Technology:
Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET) wins UNESCO’s King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the year 2021.
- CIET is a constituent unit of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) under Department of School Education & Literacy.
- CIET has been awarded by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for use of ICT in Education under a comprehensive initiative called PM eVIDYA.
UNESCO’s King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize:
- It is established in 2005 with the support of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- This award “recognizes innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on Education.
- The Prize rewards individuals and organizations that are implementing outstanding projects and promoting the creative use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching and overall educational performance in the digital age.
- Awards: An international Jury selects two best projects annually.
- Each prizewinner receives USD 25,000, a medal and a diploma during the ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.