Worldcoin Project : Re-introduced
OpenAI CEO formally re-introduced Worldcoin project of his that was eclipsed by the popularity of ChatGPT.
- Worldcoin Project is an initiative to create a digital network in which everyone can claim some kind of stake, and join the digital economy.
- This venture runs on a simple model: allow your eyes to be scanned in order to prove your human uniqueness, and receive some crypto and an ID (called a World ID) in exchange.
- Using a device called “Orb,” Worldcoin volunteers known as ‘Orb operators’ scan a person’s iris pattern to collect their biometric data and help them get a World ID through the World app.
- With the app, scanned participants can collect a cryptocurrency called Worldcoin [WLD] at regular intervals or make transactions with their World ID where possible.
- This process is called “proof of personhood” and makes sure that people do not sign themselves up multiple times in exchange for crypto.
- Worldcoin claims it is building the “world’s largest identity and financial public network” open to people worldwide.
- Worldcoin lists 18 locations — largely in Delhi, Noida, and Bangalore — where Orb operators are scanning people’s eyes.