18th East Asia Summit:
Prime Minister attended the 18th East Asia Summit (EAS) was held in Jakarta.
18th East Asia Summit (EAS):
- At the 18th EAS, the Leaders’ Declaration on ASEAN as an Epicentrum of Growth was adopted.
- It was discussed on building resilience against emerging challenges and future shocks through cooperation on enhancing energy security and food security, maintaining financial stability, and strengthening regional health architecture.
- The Plan of Action (POA) for the next five years outlines the priorities that include efforts on the mainstreaming and implementation of the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific (AOIP).
- It lays emphasis on strengthening partnerships, through cross-sectoral collaborations that includes efforts in furthering the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The meet provided an opportunity for ASEAN member states and the eight non-ASEAN countries to exchange views on issues concerning the region and the world at large.