Toilets 2.0 Campaign:
Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the Toilets 2.0 campaign in Bengaluru on the occasion of World Toilet Day 2022, with the aim to change the face of public and community toilets in urban India through collective action involving citizens and Urban Local Bodies.
The campaign has five thematic areas —
- ‘People for Toilets’ will focus on cleaning and maintaining community and public toilets,
- ‘Partners for Toilets’ aimed at the adoption of public toilets,
- ‘Design Toilets’– to design convenient and low-cost toilets
- ‘Rate your Toilet’ for the promotion of user feedback to improve public toilets
- ‘My thoughts – Our Toilets’ will seek to gather public opinion for toilets