Extension Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Till 2024:
The union cabinet has approved the extension of the flagship urban housing scheme — Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) — till December 31, 2024.
- PMAY Launched in 2015, the original deadline for the scheme aimed at providing affordable housing with incentives was March 2022.
- It was launched with the aim to achieve housing for all by 2022.
- According to data on the PMAY site, a total of 12.26 million houses have been sanctioned so far, out of which 61.77 lakh houses have been completed.
- In December 2021, the cabinet approved the extension of the rural housing scheme, PMAY-Gramin (Rural) till March 2024.
- The Urban scheme is being implemented through four verticals:
- Beneficiary-Led Construction (BLC)
- Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP)
- In-situ Slum Redevelopment (ISSR)
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).