As part of I2U2 initiatives, India, Israel, UAE, and the US will hold its first virtual summit in July 2022.
- I2U2 was initially formed in October, 2021 following the Abraham Accords between Israel and the UAE, to deal with issues concerning maritime security, infrastructure and transport in the region.
- At that time, it was called the ‘International Forum for Economic Cooperation’.
- That was referred as the ‘West Asian Quad’.
- I2U2 initiative is a new grouping of India, Israel, USA and UAE.
- In the grouping’s name, ‘I2’ stands for India and Israel, whereas ‘U2’ stands for USA and the UAE.
- This is a great achievement which tells the geopolitical changes that happen in the region.
- This will not only revitalize and re-energize the system of alliances and partnerships around the world, but also stitch together partnerships that did not exist previously or were not utilized to their full extent.