Mega Textile Park:
New Mega Textile Park at Dhar district will strengthen Make in India and will create new job opportunities
- The Parks will come up in Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Gujarat, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- It is under PM Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel (PM MITRA) scheme.
- It will offer the opportunity to create an Integrated Textiles Value Chain right from spinning, weaving, processing/dyeing and printing to garment manufacturing etc. at one location and will reduce the logistics cost of the Industry.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle owned by the Centre and State Government will be set up for each park which will oversee the implementation of the project.
- The Central government’s budget outlay for the scheme, which is ₹4,445 crore, is to be spent till 2027-28.
- Special purpose vehicles, with a 51% equity shareholding of the State government and 49% of the Centre, will be formed for each park