Global index provider MSCI has announced the inclusion of nine stocks in its MSCI Global Standard Index, effective as of the close of November 30, 2023.
- MSCI Index is owned by the multinational investment management and financial services company Morgan Stanley.
- It is an investment research firm that provides stock indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools to institutional investors and hedge funds.
- It is a leading provider of critical decision support tools, including stock indexes, and services for the global investment community.
- MSCI indices facilitate the construction and monitoring of portfolios in a cohesive and complete manner, avoiding benchmark misfits.
- It has over 160,000 indices in its portfolio.
- MSCI has indexes for countries, regions, emerging markets, developed markets, small-cap, all cap and even Islamic indexes.
- It selects stocks for its equity indexes that are easily traded and have high liquidity, with companies having high free float getting more weightage.
- It prefers stocks that have active investor participation and are without owner restrictions.
MSCI India Index:
- It is designed to measure the performance of the large and mid-cap segments of the Indian market.