The Minister of State for Labour and Employment informed Rajya Sabha about the PENCIL portal and implementation of the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) Scheme.
- Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour (PENCIL) is a separate online portal to ensure effective enforcement of the provisions of the Child Labour Act and smooth implementation of the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) Scheme.
- The PENCIL Portal has various components, namely Child Tracking System, Complaint Corner, State Government, National Child Labour Project and Convergence.
- The Portal connects Central Government to State Government(s), District(s), all Project Societies and the General public.
- Further, online complaints regarding child labour can also be filed by anybody on the Pencil Portal.
- The complaint gets assigned to the concerned Nodal Officer automatically by the system for further necessary action.
- The National Child Labour Project (NCLP) is a Central Sector Scheme for the rehabilitation of child labour.