Registry To Check Bank Fraud:
The Reserve Bank is considering setting up a fraud registry to create a database of fraudulent websites, phones and various modus operandi used for digital fraud.
- Such a database would help prevent fraudsters from repeating the offence as the websites or phone numbers would be blacklisted, RBI executive director Anil Kumar Sharma said on Monday.
- There is no definite timeline for setting up of the fraud registry.
- Payment system participants would be provided access to this registry for near-real time fraud monitoring.
- The aggregated fraud data would be published to educate customers on emerging risks.
- Sharma also said that the customers of the Credit Investment Company (CIC) would come under the Reserve Bank — Integrated Ombudsman Scheme (RB-IOS), 2021.