Member Of The Economic Advisory Council To The Prime Minister (EAC-PM): Sanjeev Sanyal
After five years as the Principal Economic Adviser to the Ministry of Finance, Sanjeev Sanyal has now been appointed as a full-time member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
- The incoming member is a noted economist, author and columnist, and brings his nearly two decades of experience in the financial sector to the table.
- Prior to his stint in the Finance Ministry, Mr. Sanyal was the Global Strategist and Managing Director at Deutsche Bank until 2015.
- Sanyal was instrumental in the preparation and publishing of the Economic Survey (2021-22).
- He is credited with the transitioning of the Economic Survey from the previous two-volume format to a single volume format alongside a separate volume for statistical tables.
Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM)
- It is a non-constitutional, non-permanent and independent body constituted to give advice on economic and related issues to the Government of India, specifically to the Prime Minister.
- At present, EAC-PM is chaired by Dr. Bibek Debroy (Chairman).