Vibrant Villages Programme:
The Vibrant Villages Programme focuses on developing the rural areas in the northern border states and union territories
- More than 663 villages will be developed under the programme.
- It is to be implemented for two years, that is, between 2022-23 and 2025-26.
- The Central Government allocated Rs 4,800 crores for the scheme. Of this Rs 2500 crores will be used for building roads. Cabinet approved the scheme recently.
- Key Features of the scheme:
- One – Village – One– Product concept will be adopted
- Social entrepreneurship will be encouraged by opening growth centres.
- These centres will work on “Hub and Spoke model”
- Skill development programmes for youth and women
- Heritage development and promotion of local traditional knowledge
- Development of eco-agribusinesses
- The NGOs, cooperatives, and Self Help Groups will be involved in the scheme