Jal Jan Abhiyan:
The Jal Jan Abhiyan will be implemented by the Ministry of Jal Shakti and the Brahma Kumaris organization.
- The main objective of the campaign is water conservation.
- During the campaign, the volunteers from the organization will conduct public awareness campaign on preserving water.
- The campaign is to run for eight months.
- They will focus on building new water bodies and also on preserving more than 5,000 water bodies.
- The target of the campaign is to reach at least ten crore people and organize 10,000 programs.
- The Brahma Kumaris organization is deploying its Raja Yogis to conduct the campaign.
- Raja Yogis are well-versed yoga practitioners.
- They will inspire people to prevent water wastage and pull them into the concept of a sustainable world.
- During the campaign, the participants will take a water pledge on using water wisely, and consume it judiciously.