Daily Current Affairs for Prelims | PT Exam.
Today Current Affairs: 30th November 2019 for UPSC IAS exams, State PSC exams, SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc.
1. Akkitham Namboodiri To Be Awarded The 55th Jnanpith Award
Malayalam poet Akkitham Namboodiri has been chosen as the recipient of the 55th Jnanpith award
- 6th Malayalam writer to be conferred with this award
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2017
About Jnanpith Award
- It was Instituted in 1961
- It is the highest literary award in India
- It was awarded for the first time in 1965
- Its first awardee was G.Sankara Gurup
2. Railway installs RTIS on the locomotives
Railway installs RTIS for automatic acquisition of train movement data which includes arrival, departure run through timings at the station en route.
About RTIS – Real-Time Train Information System
This tracking system is based on Satellite Imaging for Rail Navigation (SIMRAN) and has been developed jointly by the Ministry of Railways’ Research arm namely Research, Design, and Standards Organization (RDSO), Lucknow and noted engineering institute, IIT, Kanpur.
3. Government Forms a 13 member Committee To Review National Sports Code
A 13 member committee chairman will be the supreme court judge justice(Retd)
Role of the panel
- Seeks about age and tenure cap
- Maintain universal code
- A balance between autonomy of national sports federation
About – National Sports Code
The committee study the existing sports governance frame work, issues relating to sports governance in the country, recent developments related to sports governance.
It also studies court judgments and international best practices and makes recommendations on bringing out a comprehensive code across sports disciplines.
4. NDTV won International Press Institute India Award
India’s private news channel NDTV has been awarded the International Press Institute India award for excellence in journalism International Press Institute. NDTV was awarded for its ‘expose of the conspiracy to scuttle’ the Kathua rape and murder case probe.
About International Press Institute India Award:-
- The annual award was instituted by IPI India in 2003.
- It recognizes and honors the best work done by an Indian media organization in print, TV, radio and internet mediums
- International Press Institute (IPI) was founded in October 1950, in New York
5. UNDP Launched Acceleration Lab in New Delhi
It aims to launch the accelerator lab in New Delhi to address the major issue like air pollution through innovation and to achieve the sustainable development goal with 2030
At the Accelerator Lab, innovators will seek to bring in their energy together to come up with solutions for common problems facing the country. – UNDP Acceleration Lab website
About UNDP (United Nations Development Programme):-
- It was Formed on – 22 Nov 1965
- Headquarter in – New York
- Administrator – Achim Steiner
- Parent Organisation – UN Economic and Social Council
- Its basic work – It is responsible to provide advice, training and grant support to developing countries
6. Indian Army successfully test-fired two spike ATGMs
Indian army aims to boost its combat powers by successfully testing its two SPIKE ATGMs (Anti-Tank Guided Missile)
Spike is an Israeli fire-and-forget anti-tank guided missile and anti-personnel missile with a tandem-charge HEAT warhead, currently in its fourth-generation. It was developed and designed by the Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. It is available in man-portable, vehicle-launched, and helicopter-launched variants.
7. Centre Approved the development of Loktak Inland Waterways in Manipur
Center has approved the development of Loktak waterways in Manipur with the aim to develop the inland water transport connectivity in northeast states, it will also boost tourism capability
About Loktak Lake
Loktak lake is the largest freshwater lake in northeast India and is famous for the phumdis (heterogeneous mass of vegetation, soil and organic matter at various stages of decomposition) floating over it. The lake is located at moirang in Manipur state
8. Government Introduced Sexual Harassment Electronic Box
Sexual harassment electronic box is developed by the ministry of women and child development. Basically, it’s a website that can be used to report sexual harassment cases. It aims to facilitate the registration of complaints related to sexual harassment. It will ensure the implementation of the sexual harassment of women at the workplace act.
Website – http://www.shebox.nic.in
9. Orissa Gets Geographical Indication Tag for its version of Rasgulla
About GI Tag-
- GI is a distinctive sign used to differentiate goods on the basis of unique character
- It helps in the branding and marketing of a product
- GI enjoys legal protection under GI goods(registration and protection) act 1999
10. Tiger Census shows a population rise
The tiger population shows a constant rise of 33% in India with 2967 in the wild. Madhya Pradesh with the highest rise of 218 tigers.
Madhya Pradesh recorded the highest number of tigers at 526. It was followed closely by Karnataka, which recorded 524 tigers. Uttarakhand came third, but not far behind, with 442 tigers. The states which saw a decline in the tiger population are Chhattisgarh and Mizoram.
About Tiger Census
- Tiger census of India is worlds largest survey which covers 381,000sq.km
- International tiger day is observed on 29th July
11. National Commission for Minority has refused to declare Hindus a Minority Community
National Commission for Minorities has refused to declare Hindu a minority community in those state where they do not form a majority of the population
According to Census – Hindus are a minority in 8 states/UT-
- Lakshadweep – 2.75%
- Mizoram – 2.75%
- Nagaland – 8.75%
- Meghalaya – 11.53%
- J&K – 28.44%
- Arunachal Pradesh – 29%
- Manipur – 31%
- Punjab – 38%
There are so far 6 religion communities which have been in the minorities group:-
12. Aditya Birla Finance becomes the first company to list commercial papers on stock exchanges
Aditya Birla Finance Ltd (ABFL), the Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) arm of Aditya Birla Capital, has now become the first company to list its commercial papers (CPs) on stock exchanges
About Commercial Papers –
Commercial paper, or CP, is a short-term debt instrument issued by companies to raise funds generally for a time period of up to one year. It is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note and was introduced in India in 1990. CPs can be issued for maturities between a minimum of 7 days and a max of up to 1 year from date of issue.
Other Important Daily Current Affairs
-> 7th Economic Census Started from Tripura – by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation
-> Global Migration Report 2020, released by the International Organisation for Migration – India accounts 17.5 living outside the country
-> Brad Gobright the American rock climber dies after Falling From The EI Toro Mountain (Mexico)
-> 18th Worldwide Energy Conference was held in Brazil
-> India-Japan Foreign and Defence Ministerial Dialogue held in New Delhi(2+2), Chaired by Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
-> United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Emissions Gap Report-2019 warns that the Earth’s average temperature may rise by 3.2 degrees Celsius by 2021.
-> The 47th All India Police Science Congress (AIPSC) was organized in Lucknow, by Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D)
-> Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran XIV to be held in December at Salijhandi Rupendehi district of Nepal
This was all for Today Current Affairs.