5th Regional Meeting Of ISA:
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) held its 5th regional meeting in Kigali, Rwanda. Nine solar power demonstration projects across three countries: 4 in Uganda, 2 in Comoros and 3 in Mali, were virtually inaugurated in the meeting.
- During the meeting, a report titled “Roadmap of Solar Energy for Universal Energy Access”, was unveiled.
Highlights of the Report:
- The report outlines a strategic approach to effectively and economically tackle the global energy access challenge using solar-powered solutions.
- It encompasses case studies, real-world examples, and innovative policies aimed at bringing about a transformative shift in the implementation of solar mini-grids.
- The report’s conclusions hold significant relevance for Africa, especially the Sub-Saharan region and rural areas.
- It identifies a range of electrification strategies centred on solar energy, particularly focusing on solar mini-grids and Decentralised Renewable Energy solutions.
- These approaches offer effective solutions to address diverse energy access challenges.