6th Edition Of Shakti 2021:
The sixth edition of the Indo-French Shakti 2021 (bilateral joint training exercise), will be conducted in November in Frejus, France.
- From the Indian side, a platoon strength of a Gorkha Rifles Infantry Battalion will participate in the exercise.
- It will focus on Counter Terrorism operations in backdrop of semi-urban terrain under United Nations Mandate with an aim to enhance military cooperation and inter-operability between the two Armies.
- The biennial exercise between the armies of the two countries had started in 2011.
- It is conducted alternately in India and France.
- The last edition of the Shakti exercise had taken place in Rajasthan in 2019, in which “Counter Terrorism operations in semi-desert terrain were practised”.