Over the years various reforms have been taken to enhance Defence exports. These reforms have ramped the defence exports to new heights.
- As per the details provided by the government in the Lok Sabha recently, India exported military hardware and systems worth Rs 38,500 crore in the last seven years.
- Further, the value of defence exports clocked Rs 9,115.55 crore in 2019-20 and Rs 8434.84 crore in 2020-21.
- The major arsenal exported during 2014-15 and 2020-21 included armoured protection vehicles, light-weight torpedo, weapons locating radar,fire control systems and tear gas launchers.
- Presently, India is exporting defence equipment to more than 75 countries around the globe.
- In the last seven years, the aggregate defence exports stood at Rs 38,500.25 crore.