The Union Minister for Tribal Affairs will inaugurate the Aadi Mahotsav – the National Tribal Festival – on 25th Octber, at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Aadi Mahotsav mega event is being organised by the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED).
- It serves as a unique, symbiotic bridge to embark on a journey through the tapestry of India’s indigenous heritage.
- In this event, a total of over 100 stalls would showcase the kaleidoscope of India’s tribal culture, craftsmanship, culinary artistry, and economic endeavours.
- This Aadi Mahotsav, besides other attractions of handicrafts, handloom, pottery, jewellery, will be showcasing ‘Millets grown by Tribals’.
- It is a national-level organisation under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- It is primarily engaged in the development and marketing of tribal handicrafts and natural products.