All India Football Federation (AIFF):
FIFA has suspended AIFF due to undue legal and political interference in the federation.
- In May this year, India’s Supreme Court disbanded the AIFF (due to issues of mismanagement) and appointed a three-member committee to govern the sport.
- However, Fifa’s rules say its member federations must be free from legal and political interference.
- U-17 women’s world cup (scheduled to be played in October in India) may not be held.
- Also, Indian national team will not be allowed to play other national football teams.
- Success in women’s football: Gokulam Kerala FC – a professional football team based in Kerala state – became the first Indian club to play in the prestigious Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Club Championship.