Autonomous Flying Wing Technology:
Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) carried out the maiden test flight of a new unmanned Aerial Vehicle, an Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator.
- DRDO is in the process of developing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) of different classes to meet the requirements of the armed forces.
- Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Is an Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV) or a combat drone that is a flying wing type.
- It refers to a tailless fixed-wing aircraft that houses its payload and fuel in its main wings and does not have a defined fuselage-like structure found in conventional aircraft.
- The design has the potential to deliver high fuel efficiency and stability if executed with precision.
- Mapping of Landslide Affected Area
- Infested Crop Damage Assessment
- Large Scale Mapping
- Traffic Monitoring and Management
- Logistics support