Ayushman Bhav Campaign:
In a move towards achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and ensuring healthcare for all, the President of India virtually launched the Ayushman Bhav campaign and the Ayushman Bhava portal.
- This initiative aims to deliver healthcare services to the last mile and consolidate access and affordability for underserved populations.
- The campaign also raises awareness about vital health schemes and diseases, leveraging India’s digital inclusion efforts to extend healthcare accessibility.
- The ‘Ayushman Bhav’ campaign will be implemented during the ‘Seva Pakhwada’ embodying a whole-of-nation and whole-of-society approach.
- The campaign adopts a collaborative, multi-ministerial approach.
- Ayushman Bhava aligns with the motto of “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas” (Together with All, Development for All).
- This philosophy underscores inclusivity, leaving no one behind in healthcare access.
- Three Key Components of Ayushman Bhava:
- Ayushman – Apke Dwar (AAD) 3.0: AAD 3.0 will enable eligible beneficiaries to create Ayushman cards for himself/herself/any of the family members. This streamlines healthcare access and benefits.
- Ayushman Melas at HWCs and CHCs: Health Melas and Medical Camps are established weekly at Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) and Community Health Clinics (CHCs). They prioritize the delivery of super-specialty healthcare services, including non-communicable disease screenings, tele-consultations, free medicines, and diagnostics.
- Ayushman Sabhas: Ayushman Sabha is a community-level assembly, led by the Village Health and Sanitation Committee (VHSNC) in rural areas or the Ward Committee/Municipal Advisory Committee (MAS) in urban wards.
- Its primary mission is to ensure comprehensive health coverage and optimal healthcare service delivery.