The National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has launched a “CiSS application” under the Baal Swaraj portal to help in the rehabilitation process of Children in Street Situations. (CiSS).
- Baal Swaraj is a portal launched by NCPCR for online tracking and digital real-time monitoring mechanism of children in need of care and protection.
- The portal has two functions- COVID care and CiSS.
- COVID Care link caters to the children who have lost either or both parents due to COVID-19 or otherwise post March 2020.
- The CiSS application is used for receiving data of children in street situations from all the states and union territories, tracking their rescue and rehabilitation process.
- The initiative is taken under the direction of the Supreme Court of India.