City Investments To Innovate, Integrate And Sustain 2.0:
The Government has approved the ‘City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain 2.0 (CITIIS 2.0)’.
- CITIIS 2.0 is a part of the Smart Cities Mission and aims to promote integrated waste management and climate-oriented reform actions.
- CITIIS will consider Smart City Projects in the following four themes:
- Sustainable Mobility.
- Public Open Spaces.
- Urban E-governance and ICT.
- Social and Organisational Innovation for Low-Income Settlements.
- The program will run for a period of four years, i.e., from 2023 till 2027.
- The program envisages to support competitively selected projects promoting circular economy with focus on integrated waste management at the city level, climate-oriented reform actions at the State level, and institutional strengthening and knowledge dissemination at the National level.
- CITIIS 2.0 aims to leverage and scale up the learnings and successes of CITIIS 1.0.
- CITIIS 1.0 was launched jointly in 2018 and consisted of three components:
- 12 city-level projects selected through a competitive process.
- Capacity-development activities in the State of Odisha.
- Promoting integrated urban management at the national level through activities undertaken by , National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), which was the Program Management Unit (PMU) for CITIIS 1.0.