Climate Adaptation Summit 2021.:
Prime Minister Modi addressed the Climate Adaptation Summit 2021.
- The Netherlands government hosted an online international Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS Online) on 25 January 2021.
- The summit will have a significant focus on securing new investments to ensure that millions of smallholder farmers can adapt to the stresses of climate on food production.
During the summit, PM Modi said that –
- We are targeting 450 gigawatts of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
- We are promoting LED lights and saving 38 million tons of carbon-dioxide emissions annually.
- We are going to restore 26 million hectares of degraded land by 2030.
- We are providing clean cooking fuel to 80 million rural households.
- We are connecting 64 million households to the piped water supply.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking