UN Food Systems Summit 2021:
India Holds National Dialogue on UN Food Systems Summit 2021.
- The United Nations Secretary-General has called for the first-ever UN Food Systems Summit to be held in September 2021.
- It seeks to strategize the actions for positive change in Agri-food systems in the World to realize the vision of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The Summit will focus on levers and pathways to shape food systems nationally and globally to accelerate progress in the SDGs.
- The term “food system” refers to the constellation of activities involved in producing, processing, transporting and consuming food.
- Food systems touch every aspect of human existence.
- The health of our food systems profoundly affects the health of our bodies, as well as the health of our environment, our economies, and our cultures.