1st National Conference of States on Logistics:
Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal addressed the 1st National Conference of States on Logistics.
- He said that National Logistics Policy, which is under consultation, along with the National Logistics Council and State Logistics Coordination Committee, will work as a template for better coordination and integrated development for the logistics center.
- The Minister said that Logistics is all about 5R’s: Getting the Right product – In the Right condition – At the Right place – At the Right time – To the Right customer.
- India has a $200 billion logistics ecosystem.
- A good part of it is supported by the Indian Railways.
- Citing studies, the minister said that about 13-14 per cent cost of a product is logistics, and “we wish to bring it down to about 8 per cent”.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking