Four Years Of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0:
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 (UBA 2.0) has successfully completed four years on 25th April 2022. On this day in the year 2018, UBA 2.0 was launched with the aim of bringing transformational changes in the processes of rural development processes.
- The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) is a flagship programme that falls under the ambit of the Ministry of Education and aims to link the country’s Higher Education Institutions with a set minimum of five villages so that these higher institutions can help in contributing to the social and economic betterment of the communities of these villages by using their knowledge base.
- The National Coordinating Institute of the UBA programme is the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi).
- Under UBA, two major domains for the holistic development of villages are covered which are:
- human development
- material (economic) development in an integrated manner.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan objective is to engage the students and the faculties of the Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) to understand the country’s rural realities.
- Under this scheme, the students and the faculties help in identifying the developmental issues that are being faced in the rural areas and coming up with sustainable solutions.
- Under UBA, existing innovative technologies are identified, selected, and customized for innovative solutions, as required by the people.
- The HEIs also contribute to devising systems that can help in the implementation of the various Government programmes.
- At present, under this scheme 748 Institutions are participating. 605 institutions have been selected for Phase-2.
- Out of the selected 292 are Non-Technical Institutions and 313 are Technical Institutions.