Ghar Ghar Ration Yojna : Punjab Government
The new scheme was announced by the Punjab Government recently.
Highlights of the new Scheme:
- It provides for home delivery of foodgrains to beneficiaries.
- The government gives 5 kg wheat to every individual beneficiary per month at Rs 2 per kg.
- The Centre will fund the scheme under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013 for 1.43 lakh beneficiaries (comprising 36 lakh families).
- The beneficiaries of the Atta-Dal Scheme of the state government, which is a tweaked version of the Centre’s Food Security Act, will get ration at their doorsteps.
- The scheme will be optional and all those who do not want to queue up outside the fair price shops or the ration depots can opt for it.
- There are 1.54 crore individual beneficiaries (in 43 lakh families) of the Atta-Dal scheme in Punjab.